The Field Planning Engineer is responsible
for contributing information and guidance to ensure the productive and timely
completion of the project through the preparation, coordination and continuous
up-dating of an overall program for the site construction work.
- Study and assessment of target dates for
the project and be completely familiar with the work and the parameters of the
- Ensure that all programmed activities have
man hour contents that are in line with established procedures.
- The review of existing material and
equipment schedules and obtain updated delivery information from the relevant
- Assisting the Site Manager and the
Construction Manager in the preparation of the construction plan consistent
with the requirements and availability of the drawings, specifications, target
dates and definitive estimate.
- Ensuring that all staff and subcontractors
are made aware of the site plan and appreciate the part they will need to play
in its implementation.
- Progress meetings and report on the
current situation and shall note all changes in the forward plans and any
restrictions on progress.
- Recording works additional to the original
requirements and all variations and revisions which must be incorporated in the
site plan and informing the appropriate staff and subcontractors of any changes
to their workload and any alterations to the targets previously set.
- Utilising the progress data, update the
site plan and inform those concerned when progress is falling behind and
maintain a constant check on materials and equipment delivery dates through the
use of a bi-weekly look-a-head schedule.
- Collating work progress for each contract
and each area and include them in the weekly and monthly reports.
- Monitoring of site progress and
preparation of weekly ‘look-a-heads’ to maintain objectives and agreed
- Review of and agreement with Subcontractor’s
programmes to ensure compatibility with project requirements.
- Prepare man hour criteria for all
activities i.e. histogram. Weekly
mark-up drawings to assess progress to man hours.